[lca-announce] Help us run LCA2021 Online!

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Wed Jul 22 21:21:59 AEST 2020

Hello!

So as you may have heard, linux.conf.au 2021 will be taking a bit of a
different flavour. As the COVID-19 pandemic is still a thing we will be
running “LCA2021 Online” (https://lca2021.linux.org.au) instead of
holding LCA2021 in Canberra as originally announced.

We are now looking for volunteers. linux.conf.au
<http://linux.conf.au/>wouldn’t be the awesome conference it is if it
weren’t for volunteers! For 2021 we’re calling on people to come forward
and lend a hand again. If you’ve helped run a Linux Australia Conference
before and just want to get on with signing up, the expression of
interest form can be found at https://forms.gle/uJVd1YGGPT7vYzUm9

If you’re new to it all and want to help out, keep reading!

We’re all volunteers ourselves and we need more – we can’t run the
conference by ourselves, particularly during the week of the conference
itself.

In the lead up to 2021 we need a core team consisting of:

  *

    Speaker Liaison

  *

    Sponsor Liaison

  *

    Volunteer Liaison

  *

    Money Handler

  *

    Schwag Wrangler

  *

    Media Powah

  *

    Keynote Organiser

  *

    Tech Wrangler

During the Conference we will need help with:

  *

    Room monitoring

  *

    AV

  *

    Chat monitoring

  *

    Maybe catering? Yes, we know it’s virtual but we have so many ideas!

Anyone who has volunteered before will tell you it’s a very busy time,
but also very worthwhile. It’s satisfying to know that you’ve helped
everyone at the conference to get the most out of it. It’s very
rewarding to know that you’ve made a positive difference to someone’s day.

You don’t just get to meet the delegates and speakers, you also get to
know many of them while helping them out online. You will be presented
with a very unique opportunity to get behind the scenes of a different
look LCA and help make history as we bring this wonderful conference
online. While interacting with speakers and delegates online you will
forge new relationships with amazing, interesting and wonderful people
(just like you) whom you might not have otherwise had the good fortune
to meet in any other way.

In return for your help we’ll provide you with:

  *

    Special Volunteer Schwag

  *

    If you want one, a letter of reference at the end of the week

Depending on the number of volunteers we get and workload (many hands
make light work), we will make sure you get the best experience possible
as you help us put this together.

For more information, please check out please don’t hesitate to contact
me at president at linux.org.au <mailto:president at linux.org.au>– we are
still working on the finer details of what we need from our volunteers
but we are happy to field any questions that you may have. We review and
approve applications regularly.

Cheers,

Sae Ra

--