[lca-announce] linux.conf.au 2020 - Call for Sessions and Miniconfs extended to 11 Aug

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Sun Jul 28 22:01:31 AEST 2019

Hello everyone,

We have heard that some of you would like a bit more time to submit your
proposals for linux.conf.au 2020. So, we have decided to extend the due
date by two weeks to help everyone have a chance to submit. Hooray!

The call for sessions and miniconfs will now close on Sunday 11 August
2019 AoE. But this is the last possible date, so there will be no more
extensions after this.

How to Submit

1. Go to https://linux.conf.au/dashboard/ and log in to your dashboard.
2. Create your speaker profile
3. Submit your proposal

If you want more information, see the proposals page:
https://linux.conf.au/programme/proposals/

Q: What format can my talk take?

A: There are two main formats for sessions: presentations, which are
presented in lecture format and form the bulk of conference slots; and
tutorials, which are presented in a classroom format and deliver a
specific learning outcome to attendees. You can also submit a
miniconference proposal, which is a full day session on a particular
topic. Miniconf organisers are responsible for finding speakers for
their miniconf and organising the running of their day.

Q: What should I include in my proposal?

A: You will need to write a public and a private abstract to be reviewed
by the sessions selection committee. The public abstract will be
displayed on our website, while the private abstract will contain
additional information about your talk to help our reviewers. When
you’re writing your proposal, think about what you want to share and
what makes it interesting. You don't need to have written your talk in
order to put a proposal in, but you should have a good idea of what you
want to talk about.

Q: What can I talk about?

A: Our theme for linux.conf.au 2020 is “Who’s Watching”, focusing on
security, privacy and ethics. We’ve set our sights on how open source
could play a role in maximising security and protecting our privacy in
times of uncertainty.

Please let this inspire you, but not restrict you - we also want talks
about interesting things in open technology. Here are some ideas to get
you started:
* Open source software
* Open hardware
* Open data
* Open government
* Documentation
* Community
* Security
* Privacy
* Ethics
* Open health

If you have any other questions, just drop us an email:
contact at lca2020.linux.org.au.

Don’t be afraid to throw some ideas around on Twitter using the hashtag
#linuxconfau or #lca2020. We are certain the LCA community would be
happy to help you workshop and refine your ideas.

Kind regards,
linux.conf.au 2020 Organising Team

---
Read this online at