[lca-announce] Bids for linux.conf.au 2020 will open soon - time to start thinking about it

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Thu May 11 09:17:51 AEST 2017

Hi everyone,

Australasia's favourite Linux conference, as you know, will be held in
Sydney in January 2018 and Bruce, James and the team are doing a
marvellous job of preparing, and it's going to be awesome. The
destination for linux.conf.au 2019 has already been chosen, after a
venue inspection earlier this year, and the Penguins are busy getting
their Antarctic venue hire agreements in place ;-)

If you've ever thought about running linux.conf.au in your town or city,
now is the time to start turning thoughts into action. Bids for
linux.conf.au 2020 will open in the next month or so, and while the
timetable has a little flexibility, bids will likely close around July.

The formal call for bids will go out some time in June, but for now,
please do start to mull it over.

We may already have a serious expression of interest from a capital
city. But I can neither confirm nor deny that ;-)

With kind regards,

Kathy

--
Kathy Reid