[lca-announce] LCA2016 Call for Volunteers

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Wed Oct 28 06:40:45 AEDT 2015

Hi All,

The linux.conf.au 2016 team would like to officially welcome
applications for volunteers to help with the conference.

Our Earlybird registrations are going fantastically, with just over 80%
sold since we opened three weeks ago!
We're also just 96 short days from the start of the conference. If
linux.conf.au 2016 isn't in your calendar yet, it should be. Go do it
now, I'll wait.

But we can't run the conference on our own.
We need help from volunteers; help to register delegates, record talks,
introduce speakers, direct people to where they need to be, help with
setting up and packing down. Help from awesome, enthusiastic people like
you!

Our past volunteers will tell you that helping out with linux.conf.au is
extremely rewarding, and we are expect to see many familiar faces again.
You'll get a chance to do things you might not normally get the chance
to, a chance to meet some of the leaders and visionaries in our
industry, and a chance to form lifelong friendships.

In return for your help we'll provide lunch as well as a clean t-shirt
each day, and if you ask nicely we might even write you a letter of
reference at the end of the week. Depending on the number of volunteers
and work load, we'll also try our best to let everyone go and attend a
few talks.

If you'd like to be a linux.conf.au 2016 volunteer it's easy to
register. Just go to https://linux.conf.au/register/volunteer for more
information and instructions on how to apply or, if you've still got
more questions, send us an email to volunteers at lcabythebay.org.au

We encourage you to remain up to date with conference news through the
following channels;

Website: https://linux.conf.au
Twitter: @linuxconfau <https://twitter.com/linuxconfau/>, hashtag
#lca2016 <https://twitter.com/search?q=%23lca2016>
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lcabythebay
Google+: https://www.google.com/+LcabythebayOrgAu
Lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/2016/linuxconfau/
IRC: #linux.conf.au on freenode.net
Email: contact at lcabythebay.org.au <mailto:contact at lcabythebay.org.au>
Announce mailing list:

Please feel free to forward this email onto your local user group or
meetup.