[lca-announce] LCA 2015 Penguin Dinner - A Theme

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Fri Nov 14 12:27:38 EST 2014

We're not sure if you've noticed but we all tend to have more than just a
trifling interest in things technological and futuristic and, well...  How
do we put this?  Some people have even felt moved to describe us as geeks.
Can you believe it?  Us?!

We thought for the 2015 Penguin Dinner maybe we should put that myth to
rest, finally, and show that we do, indeed, conform to the norm.  We're
going to do something more traditional, more what you'd expect of a
respectable, conservative "black tie dinner".

So it is with some seriousness and gravity, Lords, Ladies and Gentleman,
that we announce, for the first time the the LCA 2015 Penguin Dinner will
have a theme:

Steampunk!

We encourage you to dress for the occasion - in fact we insist.  It adds a
certain air of mystery to the evening.  Costumes are suitable, gadgets will
be welcome, the more quirky and fantastical the better - but do come
wearing something!  We know you're among the cleverest, most inventive and
imaginative people to be found (not that we're biased!) so we can't wait to
see you as  futuristic and anachronistic characters and marvel at your
latest inventions and innovations!

linux.conf.au is one of the foremost open source conferences in the world,
and is considered the most prestigious in the Southern Hemisphere.The
conference is well known for the speakers and delegates depth of talent,
and its focus on technical linux content.

LCA 2015 will be held in Auckland, New Zealand from Monday 12th-Friday 16th
January 2015. Registrations are now open.

http://www.linux.conf.au   #BeAwesome

The LCA2015 Team

ENDS