[lca-announce] linux.conf.au now accepting Miniconf submissions for LCA2012

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Mon Jun 20 13:16:35 EST 2011

Dear All,

The organisers of LCA2012 are very pleased to announce that we are now
accepting proposals for Miniconfs! Mini conferences provide the opportunity
to host a focussed single day on a variety of topics on the Monday prior to
opening of linux.conf.au. The Call for Miniconfs will remain open until the
18th July 2011, after which time successful Miniconf organisers will be
notified and details will be added to the conference programme, available on
this site.

"Miniconfs have become a very popular way to start the week of linux.conf.au.
They provide a important opportunity for interested parties to host an
entire day of related talks with a specific focus", says Josh Stewart,
LCA2012 Director. "We're excited to be hosting LCA2012 in Ballarat, Victoria
and are looking forward to seeing a diverse mix of Miniconfs to showcase the
technical expertise of world's leading experts in free and open source
software."

For LCA2012 we are planning to host up to 9 miniconfs, slightly less than in
previous years, however we firmly believe that we will be able to showcase
both the more established miniconfs as well as giving new organisers the
chance to introduce fresh topics in this format.

Information for potential miniconf organisers is available on the LCA2012
website <http://linux.conf.au/programme/miniconfs>

or by contacting miniconfs at lcaunderthestars.org.au

Proposal submissions can be made at
http://linux.conf.au/programme/submit_a_miniconf