[lca-announce] LCA2012 Papers call extended until August 7th

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Sat Jul 30 22:37:00 EST 2011

Hi Everyone,

Since we opened the LCA2012 call for papers on June 29th, we've had a fantastic response and the quality of the submissions made has been first class (Though of course we expect nothing less from the amazing community this conference is based around)!

To make sure we get every last great idea out of everyone, we are extending the submissions deadline until 10PM (EST - Melbourne time) on Sunday August 7th. This will be the absolute latest that we will be accepting papers so I encourage anyone who had been considering submitting an idea but ran out of time, to get busy this week and make sure to get it in before Sunday night.

Finally, if you know anyone who you think would make a valuable addition to the conference program, why not give them a poke and see if they're interested? We love to see ideas from first timers and those who have ever thought, for one reason or another, that 'no one would want to hear me talk'. LCA provides a very friendly audience to make things easier and the organiser team are here to help in case you have any concerns.

On behalf of the LCA2012 crew, we look forward to seeing what ideas everyone can come up with for next year and hope you're all able to join us Under the Stars in January.

- Josh Stewart

Conference director
linux.conf.au 2012 - Ballarat 16- 20 Jan
http://lcaunderthestars.org.au