[lca-announce] LCA2010 Announces First Keynote Speaker: Benjamin Mako Hill

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Tue Jun 23 21:03:08 EST 2009

The linux.conf.au 2010 organising team is proud to announce the first
keynote speaker for LCA2010!

Our first speaker has a distinguished reputation in the free software
world, with significant contributions to Debian, Ubuntu and OLPC across
a variety of areas including development, policy, advocacy, activism,
education and writing. He is an active board member with several
non-profit organisations including The Free Software Foundation and
Software Freedom International, and he is involved in the global
discussion of copyright, software patents and free culture.

We'd like to welcome Benjamin Mako Hill as our first keynote speaker
for LCA2010.

For more information about Benjamin Mako Hill see: http://mako.cc/

About linux.conf.au
===================

linux.conf.au is one of the world's best conferences for free and open
source software!  The coming linux.conf.au, LCA2010, will be held at
the Wellington Convention Centre in Wellington, New Zealand from Monday
18th January to Saturday 23rd January 2010. LCA2010 is fun, informal
and seriously technical, bringing together Free and Open Source
developers, users and community champions from around the world.
LCA2010 is the second time linux.conf.au has been held in New Zealand,
with the first being Dunedin in 2006.

For more information see: http://www.lca2010.org.nz/

About Linux Australia
=====================
Linux Australia (http://www.linux.org.au/) is the peak body for Linux
User Groups (LUGs) around Australia, and as such represents
approximately 5000 Australian Linux users and developers. Linux
Australia facilitates the organisation of this international Free
Software conference in a different Australasian city each year.

For more information see: http://www.linux.org.au/

Emperor Penguin Sponsors
========================
LCA2010 is proud to acknowledge the support of our Emperor Penguin
Sponsor, InternetNZ.

For more information see: http://www.internetnz.org.nz/

--
Andrew Ruthven
LCA2010 - Director

PO Box 11-682    |          linux.conf.au 2010
Manners St       | Follow the signs. Visit Wellington!
Wellington 6142  |      http://www.lca2010.org.nz
NEW ZEALAND      |