[lca-announce] LCA2010 Announces Successful Miniconfs!

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Sat Aug 8 11:09:16 EST 2009

We are proud to announce the successful Miniconfs for linux.conf.au 2010 in
Wellington.

The quality and number of Miniconf Proposals we received this year were very
high, making the selection of successful Miniconfs a difficult task.

In fact, we were so impressed by the Miniconf Proposals, that we have
accepted an additional 2 Miniconfs into the LCA2010 programme over what we
had originally planned.

We're pleased with the selection we've made as we're sure there is something
there of interest to everyone.

Here is the full list of accepted Miniconfs:

- Arduino (Jonathan Oxer)
- Business of Open Source (Martin Michlmayr)
- Data Storage and Retrieval (Peter Lieverdink)
- Distro Summit (Fabio Tranchitella)
- Education (Tabitha Roder)
- Free The Cloud! (Evan Prodromou)
- Haecksen and Linuxchix (Joh Clarke)
- Mini Libre Graphics Meeting (Jon Cruz)
- Multicore and Parallel Computing (Nicolas Erdody)
- Multimedia (Conrad Parker)
- Open and the Public Sector (Daniel Spector)
- Open Programming Languages (Christopher Neugebauer)
- System Administration (Simon Lyall)
- Wave Developers (Shane Stephens)

For more information about Miniconfs, please see:

  http://www.lca2010.org.nz/wiki/Miniconfs

It's our pleasure to welcome the Miniconf Organisers to LCA2010!

- The LCA2010 Organising Committee