[lca-announce] Call for Presentations: LCA2009 Security Mini-Conf

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Wed Oct 1 14:51:18 EST 2008

Call for Presentations - Linux.conf.au 2009 Security Mini-Conf

As part of the linux.conf.au conference to be held in Hobart, Australia in
January 2009 we will be holding a 1 day mini conference orientated to
Linux Security.

The organizers of the Security Mini-Conf would like to invite proposals for
presentations to be delivered at the Mini-Conf.

Presentation Topics

Topics for presentations may include but are by no means limited to:

Linux Security Modules, Cryptographic Solutions, Role Based Access Control,
Security Modeling, Hardened Systems, Intrusion Detection, Exploit
Prevention,
Networking Protocols, Audit, Integrity, Hardware Assisted Security,
Security Through Obscurity, or Why I Hate Computer Security.

Presentations should be of a technical nature and speakers may assume that
members of the audience have an interest in security, even if their
actual experiance
in the field is limited to showing up to this event.

Presentation Formats

We are looking to have a blockbuster panel (details being ironed out) as
well as:

50 minute expert panel discussions
50 minute full presentations
25 minute half presentations
5-10 minute "lightning talks"

Submitting Presentations

Don't be shy. Security is a field that encourages out of the box
thinking. The more
obscure your topic sounds to you the more likely it is that someone in
the audience
will be there to find out how you're going about addressing it.

Please note that in order to give a presentation or attend the Mini-Conf
you must be
signed up for the main linux.conf.au conference. Presenting at the
Mini-Conf does not
entitle you to discounted or free registration at the main conference
nor priority
with registration.

Please email your proposal with "LCA Security" in the subject to
casey at schaufler-ca.com.
Please include an abstract, a proposed length, and any other information
you think might
impress those choosing the speakers.

Dates and Deadlines

To encourage early submissions priority (both of inclusion and
scheduling) will be given
to presentations submitted before the 15th of October.

2008.10.15 - Early submissions due
2008.11.10 - Final submissions deadline
2008.11.16 - Final program confirmation
2009.01.19 - Start of conference