[lca-announce] CFP: LCA Multimedia Miniconf, 28th January 2008

linux.conf.au Announcements lca-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Wed Sep 5 23:28:17 UTC 2007

Call For Presentations
==================

We are happy to announce that the Call for Presentations for LCA
Multimedia is now open.

LCA Multimedia is a miniconf, part of linux.conf.au, the annual
Australian Linux & open source developers' conference.

When: 28th January 2008

Where: Melbourne University, Linux.conf.au

http://www.annodex.org/events/lca2008_mmm/

The aim of this mini-conf is to allow Linux audio and video developers
and users to meet and share ideas, and also to discuss
multimedia-related issues with the developers of the kernel,
networking and desktop systems. For all users, it will be a great way
to see and hear the variety of tools available and to contribute.

Presentations may be Full length (50 min), Half length (25 min) or
Lightning talks (10 min).

Full and half length presentations include time for audience
interaction. Facilities will be a lecture with data projector.

Lightning talks are short talks/presentations that last no more than
10 minutes. This is a good opportunity to introduce a new project or
tool. Slides have to be submitted beforehand to allow a quick
progression of talks.
Topics

Examples of topics for presentations include (but are not limited to):

    * audio and video applications on Linux
    * Linux for digital audio workstations and musical instruments
    * video editing and postproduction on Linux
    * low latency and reliable audio and video in the Linux kernel and userspace
    * systems for connecting music, processing and control hardware
    * media frameworks: gstreamer, xine, ffmpeg, etc.
    * core Linux audio subsystems: Jack, ALSA, LADSPA, OSS, libsydneyaudio etc.
    * software synthesis and sequencing applications
    * recording, editing and mastering applications
    * audio and video file formats and codecs
    * streaming and network services for audio and video
    * telephony and speech technologies
    * video conferencing

Presentations must relate to Free and open source software and/or open
standards.
Submitting talks

Please note that in order to give a presentation you must be signed up
for the main conference.

To submit a talk, please send the following information to
lca-mm(at)annodex.net:

    * Name:
    * Company or Affiliation:
    * Title of talk:
    * Proposed Length of Talk:
    * Short abstract (100-300 words):
    * Homepage:

Please note all the above may be published on the miniconf homepage.
Dates and Deadlines

To allow presenters to organise their trip in a timely fashion, we are
attempting to finalise as much of the programme as early as possible.
Thus we aim to publish an initial programme at the beginning of
December made up of papers submitted by the 30th of November. We will
be flexible for later submissions, but please respect that
early-comers will have priority.

    * Sept 2007 - Call for Presentations distributed
    * 30th Nov 2007 - Deadline for submissions
    * 15th Dec 2007 - Programme published
    * 28 Jan 2008 - Miniconf