[Grants] Free Software Melbourne - grant application decision

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Tue Dec 1 21:31:17 AEDT 2020

Hi Ben

On Tue, Sep 08, 2020 at 09:26:14PM +0930, Jonathan Woithe wrote:
> The Linux Australia council discussed your grant application this evening
> and considered input received from the community.  I am pleased to inform
> you that your application was successful.  Linux Australia (LA) will fund
> Free Software Melbourne (FSM) the sum of $1140, notionally being the hosting
> costs associated with Software Freedom Day 2020 (SFD 2020) and 12 months of
> Free Software Melbourne meetups as outlined in the application.
> :
> LA includes information about the grants program in our annual report.  To
> assist in the preparation of this we ask that you submit a brief summary via
> email to council at linux.org.au outlining what the grant was used for and how
> it benefitted your community.  We would like to receive this by 1 December
> 2020 if possible.
>
> Please email the Linux Australia treasurer (treasurer at linux.org.au) to
> arrange the logistics of the funds transfer.

Unfortunately the Linux Australia treasurer has not received any follow up
communications to allow the funds from this grant to be remitted.  As
indicated in the off-list reminders, Linux Australia needs to finalise
grants by the end of November to allow the annual report to be prepared in
time for the AGM.  As a result, this grant has now regrettably lapsed.

The Linux Austalia Council is very supportive of what you are doing and
would still like to discuss how we might be able to assist your group with
infrastructure.  Furthermore, if Linux Australia decide to run the grant
program in 2021 we would also encourage you to apply again to help cover the
costs of your activities in 2021.

As always, if you have any questions or need clarification on any points
raised above please contact myself or any member of the Linux Australia
Council.

Regards
  Jonathan Woithe
  (on behalf of the Linux Australia Council)