[Grants] [LACTTE] Grant Subject Matter

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Tue Jul 17 17:38:45 AEST 2018

Hi Manny, thanks for reaching out to us.

Our Grants Program is available for open source projects of all kinds,
as long as there is a strong correlation with open source, open culture,
open data etc, and the impact of the project to the community is clear.

You must be a Linux Australia member to apply for a Grant.

We don't have a maximum amount for Grants, however in considering the
amount of a Grant Request we consider the impact the project outcomes
will have over time.

Further information on our Grants Program is available at;

https://linux.org.au/projects/grants

Kind regards,

Kathy

On 26/06/18 15:00, Manny Diaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a project for the Australian trucking industry which aims to
> address fitness to drive (thus addressing fatigue which is a leading
> cause of accidents involving heavy vehicles, and thus in the end
> making Australian roads a little safer) and while the Australian
> Trucking Association is willing to promote our solution to its members
> nationwide, we do not have funding. I was wondering then if I can
> apply for a Linux Australia grant. In this context, may I please know:
>
> 1. If the grant is open for open source projects of all kinds (even if
> Linux is not used, because our backend will run in a cloud service)--
> we are making the project open source and even benefit from community
> contribution on code development.
>
> 2. What is the maximum amount available for every project.
>
> If you are interested, I produced a one-minute video pitch which you
> can access here for a brief background on what the project
> is: http://bit.ly/fatiguehack
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Manny

Kathy Reid