[Grants] Australian Internet Community Planning - Proposal for Linux Australia support

Sandra Davey sldavey68 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 17:27:05 AEST 2018

Hi Jonathan and thanks Lyndsey,

Appreciate your questions Jonathon and I concur with Lyndsey's comments.

At this stage, and learning from the past, we've built a draft proposed
plan that will be put forward at the workshop in Canberra. Critically,
we've informed the plan with what we learned from the past and have sought
to find ways to protect the model if indeed it does get up and gets the
backing of the Community. The preferred model that will be put forward is
based on IGF principles:
http://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/about-igf-faqs

Importantly, we've every intention of seeing the plan critiqued, discussed,
debated and co-created to its next version. Our hope is a new co-created
version will see a number of organisations and participants put their hand
up to contribute in more active way, post the Workshop.

In talking with a range of people and organisations over the past couple of
months, there is wide-spread desire to see the rebirth of an internet
governance framework for Australia. As such we've had a solid response from
around 40 organisations who will participate in the workshop. As Lynsdey
said, we're mindful to get a diverse mix and the people we have in mind for
the grant, will bring just that.

I'm happy to share with you more on how we've moved through this process,
out intention regarding open, transparent collaboration and who has put
their hand up to contribute to the workshop. Please don't hesitate to
contact me on 0416 158 311.

Kind regards
Sandra Davey
Chair, Australian Internet Community Forum

--
Product Space
w: www.theproductspace.com