[Debian-au] Laptop purchase in the Sydney area

Svetlana svetlana at members.fsf.org
Mon Apr 13 20:17:11 AEST 2020

Hi All,

I hope you all have a great Easter at home, and are feeling well.

We have been using a Fujitsu S7220 Lifebook S Series for nearly ten years at home. Perhaps it is a good time to explore the market and find a newer model that works with Debian equally well. The requirements for it, that I can think of:

- can hold the same SSD drive (2TB) that I have now
- has at least three USB slots
- has audio jack for mic and headset as two separate slots
- runs Debian flawlessly (can use non-free if this doesn't crash the system)
- matte screen (not very reflective)
- screen size above 11"
- ships from within the same country
- can be a desktop, as I've not carried it around a lot, it leads a sedentary life
- can assemble from parts (just not something I did before; I have disassembled laptops)

Maybe there is something missing, if I find it then I will add it later.

Regards,
Svetlana