[Debian-au] Ideas for the debian-au list

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Tue Apr 1 13:25:21 EST 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 17:36 +0000, Alastair Irvine wrote:

> Hello.  Some of you will recall that I got up and gave a lightning talk
> about Debian at the closing ceremony of LCA 2014.  I mentioned that it
> would be nice if the debian-au mailing list were to get up and running
> again.  As you may know, this has happened.  (Thanks to those who helped!)

Thanks for the lightning talk!

>   + help find people to maintain packages (also, find mentors)

I'd suggest we redirect people interested in packaging or mentoring to
the usual Debian channels for that:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/
irc://irc.debian.org/debian-mentors
http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
https://wiki.debian.org/gsoc
https://wiki.debian.org/OPW

>   + plan release parties, hackathons and bug-smashing parties

There have been very few release parties (I count 3) or BSPs (I count 1)
in Australia in recent years, would be great if there were more.

https://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseParty
https://wiki.debian.org/BSP
https://wiki.debian.org/BSP/2012/03/au/Perth

>   + discuss creation/update of a wiki page regarding the Australian
>     Debian community

Please use the official Debian wiki pages for it:

https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups#Australia

Also there is an IRC channel, #debian-au on irc.debian.org (aka OFTC).

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise