[Debian-au] Re: Debian monies within Australia

Benj. Mako Hill accountant at debian.org
Sat Jul 19 10:37:11 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 10:31:54PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader wrote:
> * Anand Kumria <treasurer at linux.org.au> [2003-07-08 23:47]:
> > A while ago Martin asked for people who held money on behalf of Debian
> > to come forward. Linux Australia has over the past few years be holding
> > money on behalf of Debian.
>
> That's great.  What information do we need to put on SPI's web page so
> people can make donations to you for Debian?

There's currently not a place set up for this. But I can certainly
talk to the web folks and hack something up.

> Also, can you easily handle donations from NZ?  I know of at least one
> company thre which wanted to donate money to Debian.

If we want to make this official with SPI, we could propose some kind
of "Associate Organization" status and run this through email voting
for SPI.

On the other hand, this sounds a lot like a Debian thing, although I
think that in this case, general reports from the accountant to SPI
would be good, which is easy enough since I am the accountant.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benj. Mako Hill