[Debian-au] Re: [SLUG] Debian SIG Location..

Matthew Davidson mdavids at hotpop.com
Mon Jul 7 23:39:08 UTC 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 02:46:21 +1000
Anand Kumria <wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au> wrote:

> Okay, on the presumption that people are interested in continuing at a
> bar (preferably with pool tables) then either the CBD, the Grace hotel
> or even the Forbes may be suitable.
>
> The problem that all three venues have -- is that there is no > enclosed, private area like there is at the WBH. I've had someone > mention that the Edinburgh Castle may be worth a look though.
>
> Despite all the negatives listed above, the best thing about the WBH > is the (two) private areas where you can hold a meeting.

The Crown Hotel on the corner of (I think) Elizabeth and Goulburn Streets has an upstairs bar that is usually closed and available for private functions; would fit perhaps a couple of dozen people.  A friend of mine used to run a discussion group there, and if the venue wasn't free it would have been very, very cheap.

> If anyone is interested in doing a (educational) pub crawl around Sydney
> to find a suitable location, let me know.

Ah, those educational pub crawls.  I'm a martyr to my thirst for knowledge.

Matthew Davidson.
Chief Nerd of soon-to-be-defunct Parramatta Computer Access Network.
http://www.cat.org.au/pcan