[Debian-au] Re: [SLUG] Debian SIG Location..

Robert Collins robertc at squid-cache.org
Mon Jul 7 04:45:00 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 13:06, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Mary Gardiner">
>
> > I've heard these critiques elsewhere:
> >
> >  - not overly safe at night
> >  - under 18s can't attend
>
> Oh, and parking is not always very safe. To the car. Or belongings inside.
>
> Hmm.

So, capping up:
Currently, I believe we need a location that
  - has food and drink nearby,
  - is 'safely' accessable via public transport
  - is in a fairly central location
  - meeting room
  - ?? under 18s without escort ??
  - reasonable costs
  - 'safe' for those driving post-work

WBH doesn't meet several of those requirements, and off-hand nothing
comes to mind that does. Mind you - that's off-hand.

So, can I suggest that anyone who can come up with alternatives simply
name them? IMO All the requirements are must-haves with one exception -
the under 18s w/out escort.

Rob