[Debian-au] Re: [SLUG] Debian SIG Location..

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Jul 7 02:24:31 UTC 2003

<quote who="Matt Hope">

> I'm interested if anyone has any comments about the current venue (good or
> bad), and any possible alternative suggestions.

WBH is great, and fulfills all the criteria, IMHO:

> Currently, I believe we need a location that
>   - has food and drink nearby,

Good food and drink at the pub, almost always prompt service.

>   - is accessable via public transport

Short wander from Wynyard.

>   - is in a fairly central location

Short wander from Wynyard. ;-)

A point which wasn't on your list, which I think is important: Appropriate
venue for a meeting and discussion. WBH has the private function room, and
it's usually pretty quiet, unless there's a drunken office party there (rare
on Wednesday nights).

- Jeff

--
Get Informed: SCO vs. IBM                            http://sco.iwethey.org/

      "Creative thinkers make many false starts, and continually waver
   between unmanageable fantasies and systematic attack." - Harry Hepner