[Computerbank] Re: [cai-vic] What happened at the AGM?

Shaun Branden shaun at pcuse.com
Wed Nov 27 10:59:02 UTC 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 04:10:30PM +1030, Romana Challans wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:51 pm, Kylie Davies shared:
> > Daniel Stone wrote:
> > > The conclusion was that Grant was the new president, however most of the
> > > stuff at the meeting was seriously unconstitutional, and I wouldn't be
> > > surpised to see it all happen again due to protests. It was a complete
> > > stuff-up.
> >
> > I am glad that you said it. :)
> >
> > The other thing which probably makes the conduct of the meeting a bit
> > "grey" was the fact that certain members to the AGM (ie cbnsw/cbsa/some
> > of cb-vic) were also in another channel called #backstabbers (sounds
> > awful doesnt it?) This channel was a private channel and unless you knew
> > the operators you couldnt join.
> >
> > Now I am pretty sure that If you are going to attend one meeting - you
> > can not participate in another.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Kylie
>
> hmm, as it was #meta-backstabbers kylie, i think you got the intention of the
> channel completely awry. i understand your personal slant on this, of course.
>
> as the meeting was in #cbmeta, the channel afaik was intended to allow people
> to vent steam and try and remove the sillier behaviour off the meeting
> channel - perhaps the choice of name was unfortunate, but certainly, as a
> participant, nothing of what you imply was in evidence.

So I gather everyone was invited to this channel and you won't mind
posting the un-edited logs for us all to see.

Perhaps it is just my twisted imagination, but i imagine that this
channel was used by the members to guarentee a victory one way or the
other.

I have this vision of Craige telling Grant "Don't worry, lets put
everyone out and sign me up, then I will vote for you- you can't lose".

Again, this is just my imagination, and may not have happend, but having
private convos during a agm is really bad form.

> it was not a meeting channel, more like a whispered aside during the meeting.
> there is no rule about that.

Sorry, my hearing must be worse than I thought, I didn't hear a thing.

> btw, i prefer my grapes sweeter.

Nice dig. you really should encourage debate, not attack those that
built this thing up in the first place.

shaun