Fwd: [Computerbank] Coolah on TV - ABC - Foreign Correspondent

Michael C White michael at coolahddg.com.au
Thu Jul 5 22:11:41 UTC 2001

On 7/4/01 at 7:14 PM Michael C White wrote:

>*********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE  ***********
>
>On 7/5/01 at 3:28 PM Kylie Davies <kylied at projectx.com.au>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi all, and Hi to Coolah\'s Michael,
>>
>>I was watching the ABC last night when i came across a piece
on
>Coolah.
>>
>>There was a shot of computers in a hall - were these the ones
>you picked up from
>>BP in Sydney?

Yes Kylie, and they would not say for me where they came from,
I tried for you !
Thank you for your kind words.
We are hoping to get  a carload of NSW computerbank people up
for a weekend in October for an orientation weekend.
They don't know yet but we will be having a Linux Debian
workshop for the community! during their stay.
The only way to bridge the
"Digital Divide" is to get these recycled computers into the
hands of the school children,
the disadvantaged, the handicapped and the pensioner "Silver
Surfers"
Do you know our school is still using Apple II computers to
teach.
The computer pupil ratio is greater than 8 pupils to one
computer.
BP Castrol have asked me to make a video of the computers
being used in the community for them to see.
We will be giving the children the digital video camera
from the telecenter to do this.
Regards Michael