[Computerbank] Re: Question on the draft constitution

Kylie Davies kylied at projectx.com.au
Wed Jul 4 16:30:42 UTC 2001

Quoting dtell <dtell at ozemail.com.au>:

> I also agree that it is an artificial restriction of future operations
> have the constitution implicitly prevent the organization from working
> with
> other platforms.  At the end of the day if you are genuinely setting out
> assist people in a charitable manner then these parochial clauses are
> proving something different and a smart person at the ATO could well
> pick up
> on that and argue that the organization is just a special interest
> group.

I thought we had a better solution for the linux vs other free software choices
- didnt Frank C come up with a wonderful statement that summed this up?

Frank can you remember what it was?

The constitution as posted to this list - did not incorporate Frank\'s
suggestion.

I think we had a bit of a dispute as to what David T suggested as SOP - as it
could have given rise to the use of shareware software for the win platform, I\'m
sure we thought that a statement of this was a bit redundant because in order to
run shareware and freeware stuff available for windows, you needed to have a lic
copy of the O/S. (This is what I can recall from that discussion - does anyone
else want to add something).

Cheers,

Kylie
(who thinks the current SOP could be made more clear and shouldn\'t preclude the
use of other free software solutions)