[Computerbank] RE: Linux Library - and GNUniversity Project

Buddrige, David buddriged at wa.switch.aust.com
Tue Jul 3 20:45:45 UTC 2001

Hi Kylie,

>Failing this - giving recipients manuals is a good thing (tm) and is
likely to
>come at a cost. I\'m hesitant to print out heaps of stuff - but see the
need. I\'m
>with the save the trees party, if we are going to do it - it should be
with
>regard to the environment. :)

The idea that I had was strictly to print on-demand.  That is, we print
a manual as and when requested, rather than printing a bunch of stuff
whcih potentially never gets used.  So we would have a catalog of
available titles that we advertise as being available on request; when
Person X wants to get a copy of Book Y, s/he pays a small fee [to cover
costs - say $5?] and we then print and bind the book concerned.  With a
laser printer and a proper binding tool it should only take a few
minutes [excluding potentially longish waits for the actual print job to
finish].

Anyway, just clarrifying what I had in mind.

regards

David.