Fw: Re: [Chlug] Coffs Linux Community

Karl Clements phoenix at austnet.org
Sun Nov 23 09:25:02 UTC 2003

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:05:39 -0500
From: "Scott McLachlan" <redscott at techie.com>
To: "Karl Clements" <phoenix at austnet.org>
Subject: Re: [Chlug] Coffs Linux Community

Good idea...
I know where we can get some free space in a fairly decent hosting
centre (i built most of it in the UK so Im a bit biased). Also, I should
have my hosting boxes set up here by the end of the week for a secondary
(telstra finally rolled out an SDSL connection in Coffs... the chap they
sent said my two lines were the first he'd ever connected)

Im glad to get at least one positive response...

I was working in Canberra for the last 6 months (stupid contract... very
boring... building MS (yuk) mail servers) and I am still yet to find a
*running* LUG there... there was a chapter of the Australian Unix Users
Group, but they hadn't done anything in years...

I've previously been in LUG's that have organised some great training
events (even big things like 3 day cruises where we had seminars in the
morning with Open Source Keynote speakers) and lots of fishing in the
afternoons!

I've always found that the linux community have their fingers on the
pulse of what's happening IT-wise around town more-so than the little
windows-loyal IT guys.

Cheers
Scott