[Cbsupport] mednafen

Kylie Davies mailkylie at optushome.com.au
Sat Mar 17 21:01:41 UTC 2007

Hi,

This software is also in debian so you can probably install it using
Synaptic (K->System->Synaptic Package Manager)

You will need to check your repositories and only use live sources (so
take out the cbv ones). It will probably also pay to take out the ones
that reference debian sid. Finally click apply to get and install your
selection.

Good luck with it.

You may also have to add an entry for it in your KDE menu.

How?

Right click the K Menu and select Unlock Panels.

Right click the K menu and choose Edit K Menu.

The menu tool appears...go to the place in the menu you want to stick
mednafen and create a new entry (icon toolbar). Describe your entry,
choose an icon and put in the command it uses. For mednafen this should
be mednafen.

You can test this theory from the command line (so from a konsole in the
System Menu).

I also saw someone recently asking about wine and adding it to the menu.
You would do the same...i think the command is wine. If it isn't wine,
you can always try w[tab][tab] from the command line and it will show
you what the available options are (commands, programs, stuff). I learnt
a lot about commands by doing that (start at a) and then reading man
pages for them.

You can also add a launcher to the desktop or panel....Use the global
right click menu to find the option for the desktop. For the panel right
click a blank space and you'll be able to find the appropriate menu
option. Fill in the requested info in the dialog box that appears.

Hope this helps,

Kylie

Then do an update. Then search for the package mednafen and then mark it
for installation. F