[Cbsupport] [Fwd: Re: Using APT and Synaptic]

Russell jarvis colouredstatic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 19:23:10 UTC 2007

Dear cbs team,

Sorry I forgot that you had told me specifically comment out those specific
lines.

I have tried commenting out all of the sid, and keeping the etch and the
Debian multimedia, however I think the server is still behaving as if the
files should not be accessible to me. Maybe I am tired and am doing
something stupid. I don't know what language the file will be
interpreted/compiled in but I assume the comments are the ## marks.

W: GPG error: http://ftp.au.debian.org etch Release: The following
signatures co                                uldn't be verified because the
public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
A70DAF5360                                70D3A1
W: GPG error: http://debian-multimedia.org etch Release: The following
signature                                s couldn't be verified because the
public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 07DC56
3D1F41B907

The etc/apt/source.list file:
##COMPUTERBANK Victoria Debian Sources

##Internal Sources
## deb http://omnidimensional/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
## deb http://omnidimensional/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

##External Sources
##deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free

deb http://debian-multimedia.org/ etch main

##deb http://debian-multimedia.org/ sid main
##deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main
##deb http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/debian/ stable non-free

I did however manage to install wine on my Fedora Core machine using yum and
Fedora repositories. However I can't just put the CD with the windows
executable in that machine at the moment because I am having trouble
configuring the DVD drive on the Fedora box. Is it okay to ask about Fedora
questions here or is CB strictly dedicated to Debian/Ubuntu?

Yum and apt-get seem like similar types of programs. I wonder what the
program alien does and if you advise against using it.

Also I am having trouble with logging in with the mouse module not working
50% of the time (on the Debian box), this also happened on an Ubuntu box
that I had, and I reasonably sure that it is related to a KVM switch that I
use. Does anybody know how to change settings/configure the mouse so that
this doesn't happen anymore?

Thanks
Russell