[Aslug] Last ASLUG meeting of 2012

Dennis J dennisj at fastmail.com.au
Wed Nov 21 10:59:05 EST 2012

Bill's attachment,

First it got forgotten, second try it got scrubbed by a 20k attachment
limit. Third try, I've squashed it down to less than 20k.

Attached, with luck, is the screenshot Bill took on his Android phone,
VNC'd into his new raspberry pi.

DJ

On 21/11/12 08:50, Bill wrote:
> True, I did forget to attach the 'shot... anyway, we moved away at the
> beginning of 2012 so I won't be attending any meetups in person, but youse
> guys are the only linux community I have, so I will follow the on mailing
> list and chime in from time to time (if that is okay).
> On Nov 20, 2012 11:55 PM, "Dennis J" <dennisj at fastmail.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bill,
>> Thanks for your post.
>>
>> The MK802II looks intriguing.
>>
>> Will you make it to the Nov meet?
>>
>> Your screenshot did not seem to make it. We have attachment filters on the
>> mail list, but I had a look and jpeg jpg and gif and png do not seem to be
>> filtered (but the filter logic is a bit obscure, so I'm not sure on this.)
>>   Anyway, you might have just forgotten to attach it?
>>
>> Dennis
>>
>> On 20/11/12 20:24, Bill wrote:
>>
>>> Hey guys, I dunno how relevant, or interesting you'll find this, but here
>>> is a screenshot I took on my Android phone, VNC'd into my new raspberry
>>> pi!
>>> The vnc server is actually configured at 320x600 for a scrollable,
>>> portrait
>>> desktop. I set the 'pi up as a headless torrent slave and use Transdroid