[Aslug] (ASLUG) Ideas that were tossed around 11th May meeting

Feng Huang feng.huang at flinders.edu.au
Thu May 12 11:31:48 EST 2011

Hi all

Thank you for the email, Ben.
That is great stuff.

Here are some of the questions we could have a think about?

First we need to figure out what is consist of ASLUGger community.
Let's just say
ASLUGger community=
group of people + special interests + regular communication(in person or online)

The "what" part of the questions are raised in Ben's email.

What kind of people do we want to attract?
What special interests should be we define?
What communication methods do we want to use(email, forum, face to face and etc)?

And there is the "HOW" part of the questions.

How can we attract the kind of people we want?
How can we develop the "special interests" we defined?
How should we organize the communication methods(setting up forum, finding venues)?

Supporting "Tech n00bz" is essential.(Aren't we all a n00bz in some area anyway)?
Getting support as a n00bz in many areas is exactly one of my motives.

Money is an issue and a sensitive one, too.
We don't want anyone having to spend any money they don't want to.
Can we get around the issue for the time being( as we don't have any)?

Things we have:
Venue, computers, projectors, open source platforms and the spirit
to do things at low or no cost( at least we have achieved not having to pay MS).

Anyway,
I enjoyed last night.
Good to catch up.
Feng