[Aslug] Question on Mobile Broadband dongles on Linux in Alice

Adrian Casey caseyalice at adam.com.au
Sun Nov 7 14:14:24 EST 2010

Ken,

I bought a Virgin USB dongle from KMart last year and it works well on Linux
(Xubuntu).  It worked straight out of the box.  It is a pre-paid device.

I don't have any experience with it around Alice though because I only use it
when I'm out of town.

I *think* Telstra's coverage may be better than Virgin's (Optus) out of town.

Adrian.