[Aslug] LinuxConf Alice Springs?

ninti at internode.on.net ninti at internode.on.net
Wed Jan 27 18:04:35 EST 2010

Just passing on some correspondence. I was in touch with the crowd who organise
LUGs in Australia. Grant from SFLUG had the following food for thought, maybe we
can discuss next meeting ...

Also you may or may not be aware that Linux Australia is also taking tenders
for LCA conferences from regional areas of Australia, it would be great if
you guys from Alice could have a go at tendering for one of these
conferences down the track in the not so distant future as it would bring
some great revenue into your regional city, amongst some other great
benefits.
Alice also is quite easily accessable by Air, Coach & Rail from other cities
here in Australia so logistically would work quite well.

I'm actually the organiser of SFLUG (Southern Fleurieu Linux Users Group)
which is a southern region about 80kms south of Adelaide, and includes towns
like Victor Harbor, Goolwa, Middleton, Pt Elliot and other towns from the
surrounding area.
LCA would have issues for us down here as it would cause a logistical
nightmare in finding a venue large enough to hold the event in, but might be
worth us looking at the new TAFE building once is has been completed, this
is still some time away yet. Please also feel free to check out our SFLUG
website http://www.sflug.org, please also feel free to join our mailing list