[Aslug] ASLUG 2010 - New member in the offing

Ken T professorsnapper at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 12:36:02 EST 2010

Hi Folks,

Ken Turner here - looking fwd to making your acquanitances. I hadn't made it
to the last meeting, but look forward to catching the next one. I'd seen the
sign on the noticeboard at the public library, which alerted me to the
ASLUG's existence.

By way of my computing background - I'd rate myself as being somewhere
around an intermediate skill level in computing (a bit lower on Linux than
Mac, but still OK). I sit between two UNIX camps - Mac and Linux, and have
been running Linux Mint via VM on my MacBook for a while, in the lead-up to
dual-booting... and I've been active in the Linux Mint community at times.
I've been dabbling with Linux to varying extents since 2006.

Re: programming languages - I'm interested in being part of the local Python
group. I've made my first forays with Objective C, having had a friend walk
me through making the skeleton of an app for the iPhone, and a being part of
a local pod of Pythonees sounds like fun.

I can be reached by email at professorsnapper at gmail.com (I'm also subscribed
to the ASLUG mailing list), and on 0427 334595 / 08 8952 0121.

Hurrah!
K.