[Aslug] Pinging all ASLUG mailing list subscribers

ninti at internode.on.net ninti at internode.on.net
Wed Nov 18 21:31:00 EST 2009

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }I'm
looking at cleaning up the ASLUG mailing list, mainly as a way of
getting some idea of how many people can be considered to be
interested/involved at this point.
 The list currently has 87 members registered ... seems a lot. The
majority of email posted to the list (which you never see) is spam,
unfortunately.
 If you read this please reply to indicate your continued interest in
receiving ASLUG mail.
 Depending on how things go, I may send one or two further reminders
and then MAY start cleaning up the mailing list.
 I know the trend is towards forums these days, but email works for
me and saves a lot of maintenance work looking after a forum
installation.
 But I would like to find a way to stop non-members posting to the
list, which would solve most of the spam management issues ... Mailman
doesn't seem to provide one however :-(