[Aslug] ASLUG volunteers?

ninti at internode.on.net ninti at internode.on.net
Thu Dec 3 14:08:36 EST 2009

Get organised!
Finish that project!
Document that idea!
Get some peer review!
Hone those presentation skills!

Yes, volunteerism is a wonderful thing ...

A very tentative ASLUG calendar for 2010 is taking shape at www.aslug.org.au.
Mike has an ARM Linux system to demo in Feb.
Tony has brought the "Revolution OS" DVD to our attention, which could be good in
March.

After that, volunteers required to give a presentation, run a workshop or give a
demo on any Linux/FOSS topic imaginable. At least 4 months until April 2010 to
prepare!

Planning ahead can be challenging but does give the ASLUG year some shape and
maybe even allow us to pull the occasional audience. If we can get a program
fleshed out I'll make sure monthly events make it into the ASTC web calendar and
similar places.

Mike