[Aslug] ASLUG Meeting: August 9th. Free stuff!

Adrian Casey agc at agcasey.com
Sat Jul 22 07:06:02 UTC 2006

We all like free stuff don't we?

Have you ever wanted to try Ubuntu Linux?  Ubuntu is the most downloaded Linux
distro at the moment (and has been for many months).  It is based on Debian
and is widely respected for being very easy to install and use.  I have been
running Ubuntu on my laptop for over a year now and am very impressed with
it.

If you would like to try Ubuntu, get along to our next meeting (Wednesday,
August 9th, 7:00pm at 11 Casuarina Crescent in the shed) and grab a free
Ubuntu CD.

While we're talking about new distros, I installed SuSE 10.1 on a system last
weekend and I must say, it looks very slick indeed.

What distro's have you tried lately?  Come along to meeting and let's compare
notes.

--
Cheers.
Adrian Casey.