[Aslug] ASLUG: Meeting February 16th

Adrian Casey agc at agcasey.com
Thu Feb 3 20:05:01 UTC 2005

Greetings all,

Have you ever needed to set up a web site for an organization?  If so, then
you'll appreciate the difficulty in keeping the various parts up to date and
maintaining a constant look-and-feel across the site.  The task is made more
difficult where the number of contributors is large.  Everyone wants control
over their part of the web site.

We are blessed in the Linux world with many best of breed Content Management
Framework (CMF) applications.  One of the most popular today is called
"Plone".  It is built using another extremely powerful and popular tool
called "Zope".  Both tools rely on Python as the underlying language.

Dennis Johnston recently gave a presentation on Plone at his work and has
kindly offered to share it with us at our next meeting.  Dennis is becoming a
bit of an expert on all things Plone so if you have any interest in CMF's, or
in Plone particularly, you really should get along to see Dennis'
presentation.

Information on Plone can be found at http://plone.org/
Find out more about Zope at http://zope.org/WhatIsZope
Python lives at http://www.python.org/