[Aslug] Anyone want a cheap Sun box?

Adrian Casey casey at outbacklinux.com
Wed Mar 31 20:19:02 UTC 2004

If you are in the market for a Sun box, you may be interested in this.

Sun Ultra 1
Single Ultra Sparc cpu (166 mhz, I think???), 64 mb ram, 2gb scsi hdd (there
might actually be another larger drive kicking around inside it but I can
remember at the moment), cdrom, keyboard, mouse, vga adapter (can run on any
decent spec monitor)
Single 10mhz (hme0 happy meal) and quad 10/100mhz (qfe0-3) nics.
Makes a great firewall if you want multiple dmz's or just an impressive box
'cos its got Sun written on it...... :-)
Have run Open BSD, SuSE (for Sparc) and Solaris on it with no probs.
N.B. This is probably not for someone who has never used Sun gear before.
ftp://treefern.apana.org.au/pub/sun/pdf/ultra1.pdf

Price  $100

Call Mark Telford on 0418 890006
Located in Alice Springs.
--