[Aslug] ASLUG : Meeting September 17th

Adrian Casey casey at outbacklinux.com
Wed Sep 11 21:21:05 UTC 2002

I received an email from the publishers of Australian Personal Computer (APC)
saying that their October issue (out September 18th - work that out....) will
include an 8-page Linux spread.  The CD will also include a full copy of
Lycoris.

Here's the blurb -:
"The October issue of APC features an eight-page Linux special with CD
content.

Find out where Linux is positioned in the current technology landscape, where
it?s going and who should care. APC looks at Linux as a personal solution and
the current crop of distributions with GUI?s aimed at Windows users. Find out
why Linux is finally being accepted as a viable business in business and
government, and who is doing what in the enterprise space with Linux. APC
also looks ahead to where the current developments in Linux will take the
platform in the near future.

Check out the comprehensive reviews of Mandrake beta 9, OEone and Lycoris
Linux distributions.

The CD features the 500MB ISO image of Lycoris desktop operating system. "

Aparently, as soon as Mandrake 9 is out, they'll whack it on a CD.  Cool!

Talking about CD's, I'll bring along a stack of CD's I've got from Linux
Format magazine.  Take a look, you may find something you're after.

Seeya Tuesday.

--
Cheers.
Adrian Casey.