[Aslug] ASLUG : Last meeting for 2001

Adrian Casey casey at outbacklinux.com
Tue Nov 27 23:09:54 UTC 2001

...and I missed it!  Sorry about that but when you are in the middle of
putting up a large swimming pool, you just can't stop!

We'll take a break now until the new year (probably Jan 8th).  Of course, if
you want the day / time changed, you'd better vote on the ASLUG page.

The Christmas break should be very exciting for us Linux users.  New releases
of Gnome and KDE should be happening in the next couple of months along with
the relentless flood of excellent opensource software we all enjoy so much.
Who needs Christmas presents?  Just jump onto Freshmeat or Sourceforge...

Just because we won't be meeting in person doesn't mean that the Linux
discussion has to stop.  Use the ASLUG web site to post any items you'd like
to talk about.  That's what it's there for!

Michael Hall is drumming up lots of interest in the education arena for Linux
and opensource software.  Good work Mike, keep it up!  I'll continue my
efforts to establish a Linux training lab - something near and dear to me.

Look after yourselves over the Christmas break.  May your buffers not
overflow!  See you in 2002.

Cheers!
Adrian.