[Aslug] ASLUG Meeting : Hands on networking

Adrian Casey axiiom at ozemail.com.au
Fri Aug 31 08:03:14 UTC 2001

The next meeting will be one not to be missed.  We have a job to do!  The
Alice Springs Scouts want a network of PCs set up for their annual Jamboree
of the Air.

They have the hardware but can't afford to spend $000's on proprietary
software.  So, Steve Ashley told them about Linux and how it can do all that
they need, only better and much cheaper.

So, Steve now has a Linux network to set up wants some help.  I told him that
ASLUG would be only too pleased to help out.

He's going to bring along a couple of the PCs to the next meeting (September
4th) so we can get cracking on a suitable configuration for server and
desktop.  If you are interested, please read <a
href="http://www.aslug.org.au/stories.php?story=01/08/30/0994105">the
article</a> on the ASLUG site.

Finally, I received an email from a 4th year Psychology Honours student at
the University of SA asking of volunteers to fill out a questionnaire
covering Internet usage and relationships which develop over the Internet.
Obviously Linux users are an Internet-based community so our input is valued.
 If you are interested, point your browser at
http://www.online.unisa.edu.au/psych.

See you Tuesday!