[LC++]scanning files

Jan Pfeifer pfjan at yahoo.com.br
Tue Sep 28 00:11:02 UTC 2004

hi Julien,

if you have access to the boost library
(www.boost.org, it's quite a "standard library") and
are used to regex patterns -- if not, consider
learning it, it's very useful! --, you could do:

using namespace boost;

static RegEx
directory_pattern("^\\s*directory\\s*=\\s*([^
\t].*)$");
if ( ! directory_pattern.Match( my_string ) )
  throw ...
string directory = directory_pattern[1];

i haven't checked the regex, you can adapt it as you
see fit -- as i declared it, the directory should
start with something different than space.

i hope it helps :)

jan

ps.: from the boost library page: " ... Ten Boost
libraries will be included in the  C++ Standards
Committee's upcoming  C++ Standard Library Technical
Report as a step toward becoming part of a future C++
Standard. ..."