[LC++]g++ 3.2 and C++ standards

Jack Lloyd lloyd at acm.jhu.edu
Thu Nov 7 03:09:01 UTC 2002

Well, maybe. 3.2 has a lot o' bugs, and there are valid ISO C++ programs
(mostly ones doing really obscure things) that 3.2 can't deal with.
However, in general 3.2 is much more standards-conformant than 2.96 was.

Of course if you want to use Borland or MSVC, be careful about how much of
the language you use. Even if it's standard, that doesn't mean many
compilers out there will take it. VC6 and Borland, in particular. VC7 is
actually not half-bad as far as C++ conformance goes, though I'm sure there
are plenty of sticky spots.