[technest] Fwd: [Linux-aus] PyCon Australia 2014's Call for Proposals closes this week!

Kim Hawtin kim at hawtin.net.au
Tue Apr 22 15:06:06 EST 2014

Anyone throwing their hat in the ring?

cheers,

Kim

-------- Original Message --------
Date: 	Mon, 21 Apr 2014 21:19:48 -0400
From: 	Chris Neugebauer <chrisjrn at gmail.com>
To: 	python-au at python.net, pycon-au-announce at lists.linux.org.au,
sydneypython at googlegroups.com, Melbourne Python Users Group
<melbourne-pug at python.org>, brispy at googlegroups.com, New Zealand Python
User Group <nzpug at googlegroups.com>, Linux Australia
<linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au>

This week marks your last opportunity to submit proposals to present at
PyCon Australia 2014, the national conference for the Python programming
  community, to be held on August 2 and 3 in Brisbane, Queensland.

The deadline for proposal submission is Friday April 25, 2014, and more
information can be found at http://pycon-au.org/cfp

PyCon Australia is an excellent opportunity to share experience and
knowledge with like-minded Python developers from all walks of life --
we attract professional developers from industry, government, science
and education, along with enthusiast and student developers.
Presentations can be targeted at all skill levels, on any topic related
to Python programming.

This year, DjangoCon AU returns under the PyCon Australia umbrella,
it'll run on Friday 1 August, before the main conference. Every
Django-related proposal we receive in the PyCon Australia CFP will also
be considered as part of the DjangoCon AU programme.

We'll also be running a Science and Data Analysis miniconf alongside
DjangoCon AU. Every Science, Engineering, and Data Analysis-related
proposal will be considered as part of that miniconf's programme.

Finally, OpenStack-related proposals will also be considered as part of
an OpenStack miniconf.

If you're a first-time Python developer, don't be afraid to submit a
presentation -- we're a community-driven conference, and we have a focus
on building the next generation of Python programmers.

We can't wait to see your proposals.

=== About PyCon Australia ===

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python Programming
Community. The fifth PyCon Australia will be held on August 1--5, 2014
in Brisbane, bringing together professional, student and enthusiast
developers with a love for developing with Python. PyCon Australia
informs the country’s Python developers with presentations, tutorials
and panel sessions by experts and core developers of Python, as well as
the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2014, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org or e-mail us atcontact at pycon-au.org
<mailto:atcontact at pycon-au.org>. PyCon Australia is presented by Linux
Australia (www.linux.org.au <http://www.linux.org.au>) and acknowledges
the support of our Platinum Sponsor, Red Hat, and our Gold sponsors,
Google Australia and Netbox Blue. For full details of our sponsors, see
our website.

--
--Christopher Neugebauer

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com <mailto:chrisjrn at gmail.com> -- IRC: chrisjrn