[TasLUG] Hobart end of year TasLUG dinner: Thursday 14 November (Correct Announcement)

John Kristensen jkristen at theintraweb.net
Thu Nov 7 16:05:41 AEDT 2019

Apparently I already think it is the end of the year because my brain
seems to be on holidays. Here is the correct announcement for the end of
year dinner without all the errors (thanks for everyone who pointed out
the various things wrong with the original announcement).

----

Hello All,

The end of the year is not yet quite upon us, but November will be the
last TasLUG meeting of the year, so we will be catching up over an end
of year dinner.

   When: 6:30pm, Thursday 14 November

   Where: Amigos Mexican Restaurant
            http://amigosmexicanhobart.com.au/

If you plan on coming along, then please **RSVP to me by Tuesday 12
November** so he can make the appropriate booking.

If Amigos are unable to fit us in, the backup option will be Mother
India just down the road.

SeeYa,
John.
(jerrykan on IRC/Matrix)

--- --- --- ---

== Chat Channel ==
If you can't make it to meetings, then we always enjoy people dropping
by the IRC/Matrix channel for a chat.

      IRC: #taslug (Freenode - https://freenode.net/)
   Matrix: https://riot.im/app/#/room/#taslug:matrix.org

In a attempt to combat the current spat of spam in the channels we
currently only allow users with registered nicks to join the channel.
If you are having problems joining, then please get in contact with me.

== Meetings ==
Hobart TasLUG will be on a break for December and January before
meetings start up again in February.

== Talks ==
If you have a topic you would like to give a talk about, or hear more
about from someone else, then please let me know or create GitLab
issue so I know to follow up:

   https://gitlab.com/taslug/hobart-talks/issues