[Taslug] Future Hobart Meeting Changes

Scott Bragg jsbragg at scriptforge.org
Fri Sep 1 13:18:15 AEST 2017

Hi TasLUGgers,

As those in Hobart may have noticed this year, our normal 3rd Thursday of the month timeslot has been a bit unstable. It has also been quite busy for me this year especially to hunt down content/speakers. There is also another event that would like to use the Hobart Maker HQ on Thursday evenings but on a weekly schedule.

I'd like to propose one or both of the following changes moving forward:

1. Move TasLUG Hobart meetings to the last Saturday of the month at the Hobart Makers HQ in the afternoon. This would move us in line with the Launceston meetings.

2. Have a PubLUG every second month (either 3rd Thursday as we do now, or last Saturday of the month)

Thoughts?

	Personally my brain is a bit clearer on the weekend and the meeting not at the end of a long day/week of coding, and can spend the time to bring about more elaborate demos and talks and events. Who knows, being at the same time as the Launceston group could mean a bit more North/South collaboration as well.

Cheers,
Scott

PS - Announcement for September Hobart Meeting will be coming soon - it will still be 3rd Thursday of the Month - 23rd September.