[Taslug] Blockchain discussed in the mainstream

Peter Billam pj at pjb.com.au
Wed May 4 10:53:00 AEST 2016

Hi.  Just a followup to Scott's talk:  Blockchain is getting lots
of serious coverage in the very bank-conscious Swiss press, eg:
  http://www.nzz.ch/finanzen/private-finanzen/herausforderung-fuer-banken-und-den-staat-blockchain-der-naechste-wohlstandsschock-ld.17609
(I wish they wouldn't make these ever longer-and-longer URLs)
It's in german; the title is roughly:
  Blockchain - the next shock to standard-of-living
  A challenge for banks, and for states.
and the summary:
  Blockchain is more than a digital technology.  It's a system that
  allows much simpler and less expensive ownership-transactions to
  be established, and organised.  That's going to have consequences...
Peter Billam
P.S.  That page also comes with a message at the top:
  You are using an adblocker.  Please deactive it.  (Read more...)
P.P.S.
  > For this month's Launceston meeting, we'll be taking a look
  > at using the F/OSS 2D animation package Synfig Studio.
  synfig looks amazing :-)
P.P.P.S.
  Michael wrote:
  > Re: [Taslug] some content-type stricter than text/plain ?
  > I believe that adding whitespace at the end of each line
  > prevents newlines from being stripped.
  all my email lines now end in a space :-)
http://www.pjb.com.au      pj at pjb.com.au     (03) 6278 9410
"Follow the charge, not the particle."  --  Richard Feynman
 from The Theory of Positrons, Physical Review, 1949