[Sfd] Software Freedom Day report, Sydney - Australia

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Tue Sep 19 21:45:04 UTC 2006

Hi all,

The event on the weekend was a great success! We had awesome speakers,
workshops and participation. It would have been nice to have a few more
people but we recorded the whole day (hopefully) which will be online for
everyone to see! Thanks and details at:

http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/oceania/au/sydney/2006

We'll link the videos and presentations as we get them, but I really wanted
to draw attention to Senator Kate Lundy's speech:

http://www.katelundy.info/main/

She talked about FOSS in Government, the FTA, and loads more. It was a great
speech and it really got people talking about FOSS and Government.

Also, I just did an interview with LUGRadio (http://www.lugradio.org/) that
will go up soon about SFD around the world, so check it out :) Other team
reports available (and rapidly going up) at
http://softwarefreedomday.org/TeamReports

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

   "We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks