[Sfd] Triple J HACK wants you for SFD 2006!

Paul Schulz pschulz01 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 22:41:32 UTC 2006

Hi Pia,

Well done..

On 9/8/06, Pia Waugh <pia at linux.org.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm talking to Alice Brennan, the producer of HACK and she wants to cover
> SFD very soon (in the next few days hopefully) which is wonderful. Thanks
> Alice! :) She was particularly keen to talk to some of the teams from all
> around Australia and get some quotes for national coverage of SFD. Anyone
> happy to be contacted by Alice and her team for the Triple J HACK show,
> please reply here (to the list and to Alice). I've cc'd Alice to make sure
> there is fast turn around so please respond to this promptly if you want
> your event covered :)

How's this for a sound byte?

"Software Freedom Day is all about taking control again, and claiming
freedoms which we have been told are not longer ours. It is also day
when we accept the responsibility for what this means. We can no
longer blame others, and complain quite as loudly. We need to find our
own solutions to our own problems. And it is a day when we learn again
that this is the way that we help others in our community and make a
difference to our society."

Cheers,
Paul