[Sfd] Software Freedom Day on JJJ's HACK

Paul Schulz pschulz01 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 22:19:29 UTC 2006

Hi Pia,

This is great news! Are you going to get political in your discussion
about the event?

eg.
- Getting Free and Open Source Software into the hand of people who need it,
  and where public money is spent (both State and Federal)

    Public Libraries, Public Schools, Rural Transaction Centres

- Educating about the social and community benefits of Free and
  Open Source Software (Social responsibility).

    Community building, Education, Increased Collaboration

- Increasing the awareness about the ethical choices when
  using/licensing computer software.

    Providing FOSS representation to Government at all levels

Roll on Software Freedom!

Cheers,
Paul

"You have no power over me", Sarah, The Labyrinth