[Sfd] [Fwd: Announcing the Software Freedom Showcase - Mawson Lakes]

Janet Hawtin lucychili at internode.on.net
Sat Jul 8 01:34:24 UTC 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Announcing the Software Freedom Showcase - Mawson Lakes
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 10:44:54 +0930
From: Paul Schulz <pschulz01 at gmail.com>

Greetings,

Software Freedon Day is coming up on 16 September (10 weeks time)

This is an internationally day, dedicated to celebrating the success
of Free and Open Source Software.

I am looking for people that would like to participate in the
following event in Mawson Lakes...

  #####################################
  ###   Software Freedom Showcase   ###
  #####################################

  Where: Mawson Centre, Mawson Lakes
  When:  10am-4pm, Saturday, 16 September 2006

The event is to include demonstrations, presentations and displays
that are of interest to the Free and Open Source Software and wider
community.

In particular, if you have a pet FOSS project that you might like to
demonstrate please let me know.. suggestions that I've had so far
include "video editing", "podcasting" and "music production and
recording". There was also been some interest in embedded and robotic
applications.

This is also going to be a chance for the LinuxSA and local FOSS
developer community to meet-up, talk and exchange ideas with each
other.

  As someone once said... "Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm
  doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and
  professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones."

Cheers,
Paul Schulz <paul at mawsonlakes.org>

The Software Freedom Showcase is a Mawson Centre event, and is being
put on as part of it's community event development program.